Sitemap www.vgtu.lt Mano VGTU Medeinė
The Faculty of Mechanics was established in 1956. From that time, it has been steadily keeping its leading positions and in some areas has even extended its activities. One of the most significant achievements of the last decade was the establishment of the Institute of Mechanical Science, connecting the researchers of mechanics not only of this Faculty, but also of other Departments of the University. Technical Creativity and Innovation Centre, established by the U.S. students training company HAAS, contributed a lot to the activities of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
There are five Departments in the Faculty: Department of Biomechanics, Material Science and Welding, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics and Robotics, Printing Machines. The Faculty also comprises Institute of Mechanical Science, Technical Creativity and Innovation Centre.
Totally 1049 students study in the Faculty in 2016. 798 students study in the undergraduate studies. 56 students went to study abroad in 2015.
The Faculty employs 76 lecturers, including 12 professors. Scientists of the Faculty successfully participate in the European projects. Due to this participation, the modern science and training equipment, as well as information technology tools have been purchased.
Totally 214 scientific papers were published in the journals and involved in the database of ISI Web of Science in 2015.